The team here has been discussing what makes a good bad boy romance. We’re going to share some of our thoughts, but we’d like to hear your opinion as well.
You can comment here or over on Facebook. As always, we love to hear from other romance lovers, especially those who crave a good alpha male bad boy.
Ready to begin? Great! Let’s dive in.
Defining a Bad Boy in Romance
First off, let’s go over some of the main traits of bad boys in romance novels.
- Protective – Mere inches from being overly jealous, a bad boy hero is protective of his love.
- Self-Sure – Perhaps cocky is a better term for the bad boy. What do you think?
- Confident – One undeniable trait of the bad boy is that they are confident.
- Sexy – This one goes without saying, but we had to say it anyway.
- Permission – Bad boys do NOT ask for permission. They take what they want.
- Pretending – This is not in a bad boy’s vocabulary. Bad boys keep it real.
- Body Language – Bad boys know how to say it all without uttering a word.
- No Fear – The best bad boys have no fear of anything.
- Leaders – Rarely do bad boys try to fit in with others. They blaze their own trails.
- Passionate – Last but not least, the best alpha males know all about passion and how to make it work for them in and out of the bedroom.
Anything we’ve missed? Leave a comment and let us know. Next, we’re going to go over some of the reasons we think bad boy alpha males are so popular in romance novels.
Why are Bad Boy Romance Novels are Popular?
This is the big question, isn’t it? While we’ve come up with some of our own theories that we’ll be sharing in a later blog post, we want to hear from you! Write us a comment below and tell us why YOU personally enjoy reading bad boy romance novels.
We’ll post up some of the best results along with our thoughts on the matter in the future. For now, think about your all-time favorite alpha male romance, and let us know why you enjoyed it so much. Does it depend on the specific hero or are all bad boys sexy to you?
Let us know!
Until next time, may your next book boyfriend be right around the corner!
Be the first to leave a review.